I love Starbucks coffee, I go at least 3x a week and sometimes 4x a week. People always ask me how do I stay in shape with drinking so much Starbucks coffee and always going there. The truth is; it is easy to keep in shape with drinking Starbucks coffee but only if you drink the right thing. I keep it simple when ordering coffee, regular black coffee with soymilk and 1 splenda packet. Taste amazing. This is so much better for you than drinking a iced latte or frappucino.
If you drink at Starbucks and you want to keep it healthy here are some good tips:
- Never add whip cream (if your coffee comes with whip cream ask them not to add it)
- Save your self calories by avoiding the Venti cup size, go with the tall or grande cup size instead
- If you need sweetener, use splenda instead of pure sugar.
- Substitute regular milk for soymilk (If you don’t like soymilk simply choose no fat milk for you coffee)
- Stay away from the danishes and sweet snacks at the counter
- When ordering, always ask for you preferred coffee to be “light”. Choosing “light” will substitute the whole milk for low fat milk, removes the whip cream, and it doesn’t add sugar.
If you can follow these tips you too can stay in shape and still enjoy the great taste of Starbucks coffee.